2023 “Tom Storey” Service Athlete Scholarship
Lake Brantley High School Athletic Boosters
The Lake Brantley High School Athletic Boosters are proud to announce the guidelines for the 2023 Tom Storey Service Athlete Scholarship. The football stadium is named after Mr. Storey for his work as President of the LBHS Athletic Boosters. He was a role model in terms of the community service, volunteer hours and financial support that he dedicated to Lake Brantley High School.
The number of scholarships and the amount will be approved by the LBHS Athletic Booster Board and will be based both on the current budget and the number of scholarship recipients. These scholarships will be given to the most qualified athlete(s).
PURPOSE: This scholarship aims to recognize a Lake Brantley High School Senior who has excelled scholastically, played on an athletic team(s) at LBHS and made a difference to their team, school and community.
- Senior, Graduating in May 2023
- Nomination by LBHS coach
- Cumulative scholastic average (overall GPA; 2.5 minimum GPA required)
- Application/acceptance into college, technical/trade program, military branch
- Participation in a LBHS sport in Jr. or Sr. year
- Community Service/Volunteer Involvement
- Family required to be a member of the athletic boosters.
To join: lbhsboosters.com
- Each coach may nominate up to 5 athletes for the scholarship. Students may also apply on their own but must have coach’s signature on application.
- Applications must be completed and returned to the Athletic Office by March 20, 2023
- The LBHS Athletic Booster Scholarship Committee will consist of a minimum of 5 individuals that are selected by the LBHS Athletic Booster Board. The LBHS Principal and Athletic Director may participate but will be non-voting members of this Committee. Parents on this committee cannot have students who are in the current senior class.
- Selection is based on athletic participation, community involvement, and academics.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the Senior Awards night.
- Recipient will receive funds directly.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
Congratulations to our 2023 recipients: